filmkey.ch Video On Demand DRM for QuickTime - Home
Information for Producers
filmkey.ch allows you to add DRM to QuickTime movies.
Workflow - Short Version
- Encode your QuickTime file with Filmkey Encoder.
- Upload your protected file on your webserver.
- The client will download the file and play in Filmkey Player. Filmkey Player asks the Filmkey license server for a key to play the file.
- Filmkey Player will open a browser to send a HTTP request to your server.
- You can then provide the client a method of payment.
- On the success of the payment you send a HTTP request to the Filmkey server and you inform the client that the film is now unlocked.
- The Filmkey server will now grant the license to the client for this film each time the user starts to play for the timeframe defined.
The Filmkey server sends the key directly to the Filmkey Player in an encrypted form. The key is not stored by the end user.
There are no setup and no encoding fees. You can open an account for free and encode as many movies as you want.
For testing purposes we will give you 50 licenses for free every month.
More licenses can be purchased in advance
- 100 licenses for 10 CHF (currently 10 USD)
- 1000 licenses for 80 CHF (currently 80 USD)
- 10000 licenses for 600 CHF (currently 600 USD)
The licenses are available as long as the user account is open. Licenses cannot be transferred between user accounts.
The administration interface provides you a detailed report on licences that you can export for your accounts.
You can terminate an account at any time. We will then delete all keys on the server.
- The service is provided as is.
We make our effort to get the best reasonable protection possible for the average user, but knowing that no DRM scheme is not breakable.
For example, the enduser may still play the movie full frame and use the analogue monitor output to record the movie.
- We cannot guarantee that an encoded movie is playable on a client computer.
Several reasons might make it impossible like: quicktime codec not available on the client computer or computational overhead of the protection.
- You are only responsible for the content you are encoding.
You are responsible that the content does not infringe any laws and that you have all the copy rights needed to provide the movie as DRM
- filmkey.ch does only provide the license to read the movie. It does not check regional restrictions.
The server provides you the IP-number of the client so you can check the region yourself.
- You are not allowed to reverse-engineer or modify our software or use any other methods to decode the key and the key algorithms.
- We may have to enhance the security of the encryption and of the server integration at any moment.
This can have as consequence the need to download a new player or encoder application or even the reencoding of the media files.
- You can terminate the account at any moment.